Monday, September 3, 2012

home.

Growing up, I never really considered the true meaning of home. To me, home was always just the house I lived in. I thought that when I left home, the new place I lived in would automatically become home. However, after I moved out I realized this way of thinking was not true at all. Home is not only where you live, but as the old saying goes, "where the heart is." Home is where one can feel completely at peace, or in other words, completely happy; regardless of what kind of situations are surrounding us.

Feeling at peace is something that every person in this world is striving to feel, and it is interesting to me that this feeling of peace is right in front of our noses; at home. I feel lucky to know that I have finally figured out what being home means to me.

Being home means being around those people who show me that they will always be there; no matter the distance. Home is being able to sit around and do nothing, but because I am with those people, that feeling of peace overwhelms me. Knowing that I will always have people that are my "constants," makes me know that I can always find my way back to them, back to this home. No matter where my life takes me, those people who make an effort to stay a part in my life will always be home to me, and I know that I am very lucky to have this. No matter how hard it is to be away from my physical home, I know I will always have a place in their hearts; a place at home. My only hope is that they can see the place that they will always hold in my heart as well; home.


"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you."


1 comment:

  1. There is never a day that we do not think about how you are doing away from home. Home is not quite the same when you are away.

    Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete