Friday, August 17, 2012

finding my own way.


St. George is slowly starting to feel more comfortable to me. Finding my way around the campus and town, getting a job, and talking with the roommates has definitely helped. At first, I thought all five of the roommates were completely composed and collected about this whole moving away thing, but last night I learned that we have all been struggling with not feeling at home. Knowing that alone, helped immensely. I know that if anything bad ever happens, my friends back home will always be there for me, and I have a job that will guarantee that I have breaks off the same time school does so I can go home during those times.

I know it is still going to be very hard at times, but right now I feel like I can make this work. Somehow I will figure out how to balance school, work, fitness, and friends; all the while making these next few years be the times where I have some of my favorite memories, my moments of impact. It is always scary to step so far out of my comfort zone that I immediately want to turn around and go back home, but giant steps like these are so important if any progress is to be made. I am just glad to say that I took a risk and jumped, even when I feel like running straight home sometimes. It is only the beginning of this journey, but I know in the long run it will be what is best for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment