Monday, July 16, 2012

smiling.

Smile:
n. 1. a pleasant or agreeable appearance, look, or aspect
v. 1. to assume a facial expression indicating pleasure, favor, or amusement; characterized by an upturning of the corners of the mouth

Smiling, we all do it. Some more than others, and sometimes not enough. It is interesting how a simple smile has the power to heal; to heal yourself, to heal others. When we forget to smile, the whole world seems a little bit darker. We fail to see the little things that make life so much more enjoyable. On the days when a smile is hard to find, sometimes others find it for us by showing us laughter. I know that when I am having trouble finding a smile, it means the world to me when someone else helps me find it, and I am sure everyone has felt that way before. I figure the least I can do is return the favor.


“ Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” 

― Mother Teresa

Our supply of smiles is unlimited, even when it feels like it is empty. Sometimes our joy is the source of our smiles, but sometimes our smiles can be the source of our joy. It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime. We should all smile more often :)



No comments:

Post a Comment