Sunday, April 29, 2012

natural highs.


Natural High:
1. n. a euphoric or excited state of mind that is not due to ingestion of drugs or another substance
2. n. a period of excitement or exhilaration brought on by a natural cause

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year because to me it seems like a new beginning. Almost like breath of fresh air that allows me to step back and notice the moments that create joy in my life; or in other words, a natural high. These moments that create natural highs usually happen when they are least expected, and usually most needed. So, I compiled a list of things that I am thankful for because they are the generators of these natural highs that can end up being the most meaningful things in life:

  • the smell of rain
  • big hugs
  • getting a tan
  • being able to laugh through the tears
  • having my hair played with
  • playing in the rain
  • sleeping in
  • the perfect dream
  • the moment when I nail a part in a dance I've been struggling with
  • looking at old pictures/videos
  • singing to my favorite song
  • talking to someone I haven't seen in a while
  • dancing in the moonlight
  • girl's nights out
  • seeing the results of hard work
  • accomplishing a big goal I've set
  • making people's frowns turn upside down
  • staying true to myself no matter what
  • going for a jog & finishing strong
  • words of appreciation from people I associate with every day
  • laughing so hard that it seems I might uncover some abs
  • running through the sprinklers
  • making a big decision on my own
  • watching a chick flick
  • making a difference in someone's life
  • feeling a connection with someone I just met 

No comments:

Post a Comment